Cardboard Boat Race
Monday, September 5 at 4:00pm (Labor Day!)
Join us at the pool on Labor Day for the Great Cardboard Boat Races! Build your boat at home with cardboard and duct tape, and enjoy learning the physics of buoyancy and boat design. Bring the kids, the parents, and the grandparents for your own cheering section!
Download the Boat Race Registration Form
or pick one up at the Member Services Desk!
Need boxes? Contact Danny Fadgen at firstname.lastname@example.org or (901) 259-9208.
- Cardboard and duct tape are the only materials permitted.
- Boat check-in begins at 4pm.
- Boats may be decorated with waterproof paint or markers.
- Name of boat should be on both sides in big letters.
- Each boat must carry at least one person across the pool.
- Only homemade paddles are allowed, using cardboard and duct tape.
- Boats too large to be carried by two people are not allowed.
- Boats MUST be built prior to the race!
- Fastest in Category
- Carries the Most Crew Best-Looking Boat
- Best Theme
- Most Spirited Crew
- Most Original Design
- Most Spectacular Sinking