Early Childhood Center
Welcome to the Early Childhood Center at the Memphis Jewish Community Center (MJCC). We offer a preschool with superior academic experience and a warm, nurturing environment for infants as young as 6 weeks old through children in Junior Kindergarten. We value each child’s individuality and provide intentional learning experiences from which to build. Our infant, toddler and preschool programs are NAEYC accredited and we believe each child is a capable and competent learner who is full of potential. Students of all faiths enjoy our exceptional Judaics program as our students learn Jewish history, traditions, and values. Additionally, we have an incomparable Hebrew Through Movement program where students learn to speak, listen, and sing in Hebrew!
Our programs are thoughtfully designed to promote:
- Positive Self-Esteem
- Appreciation and Understanding of Jewish Heritage
- School Readiness and Competence
- A Love of Learning
We believe children are capable, competent, and full of potential.
- Supporting children during the important early years is an investment in their future.
- Children learn through play and active engagement in developmentally appropriate experiences.
- A caring environment that models respect teaches children to value themselves and others.
- An integrated Judaic curriculum helps children learn about and respect their traditions.
- Providing support to families and opportunities for involvement are critical components of successful early childhood programs.
Prospective parents can continue here.
Thank you for your interest in our program! Please contact the ECC Office at (901) 259-9207 for questions or to schedule a tour.
We look forward to serving you and your family!