Due to the COVID-19 outbreak, our classes/programs are pending new dates and times.
Racquetball is a racquet sport played with a hollow rubber ball in an indoor or outdoor court. Joseph Sobek is credited with inventing the modern sport of racquetball in 1950, adding a stringed racquet to paddleball in order to increase velocity and control. Unlike most racquet sports, such as tennis and badminton, there is no net to hit the ball over. Also, the court's walls, floor, and ceiling are legal playing surfaces, with the exception of court-specific designated hinders being out-of-bounds.
MJCC members have access to the racquetball courts whenever there are not challenge court games. We also have racquetball lessons.
MJCC Racquetball Court Procedures
- Protective eyeware is recommended
- You may reserve a court over the phone at 901-761-0810 or in person at the Sports & Fitness Desk.
- Courts may not be reserved more than 15 mins in advance
- Non marking shoes should be worn on court at all times
- Adults only during “Challenge Court” game times listed below
Challenge Court Games - “WINNER STAYS ON”
- Sundays: 8:00am-11:00am
- Tuesdays: 4:00pm-7:00pm
- Thursday: 4:00pm-7:00pm
Please call the Sports & Fitness Desk at (901) 259-9229 for more information or to reserve a racquetball court.